The complete reconstruction of Building 12 and 13 started last year. Currently, the contractor is painting the inside of Building 13 and finishing the steel on the Wintergarden.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Visitors and patients who have not been to Hines recently, may be surprised when entering the grounds. The hospital is getting a huge external facelift! In addition to opening our gorgeous new Women’s Health Center last year, we have also recently opened a brand new Prosthetics and Orthotics Lab, a new Dental Clinic, a new Patriot Café, renovated numerous inpatient and outpatient areas of the hospital, added more than 400 new parking spots and are getting a brand new front entrance. Did you know that right now we have more than 200 construction projects going on around the hospital? What an exciting time to be at Hines.
- Parking reconstruction is ongoing on campus. We have added more than 400 new parking spots in the past year and hope to complete work on repaving and redesigning a number of our parking lots within the next six month.
- The lobby and front entrance to the main hospital, Building 200 are being completely redone. We have relocated Valet parking and one of our bus stops during this construction. When this project is complete, we will have a beautiful, modern front entrance that will include informational kiosks with directions to our various clinics within the hospital.
- We are relocating our 15th floor to our newly-renovated 11th floor. This move should be complete in mid-November.
- The parking lot behind the main hospital building is under construction. So is the parking lot near the entrance to our Residential Care Facility. These lots should be reopened within a matter of weeks.
- Construction is almost complete on our new Veteran/Employee Fitness Center and new Compensation and Pension area. These services will be moving into a newly-remodeled Building 12 on our campus in early 2013.
- If there are any questions, please contact Maureen Dyman (email@example.com).
Hines employees are proud of the top quality care we offer our veterans here at Hines. We ask all veterans and visitors for your patience during the major construction projects coming up and remember that this is all part of us making Hines the best we can be. It’s All About the Veteran At Hines!