Medical Foster Home Program
The Medical Foster Home Program offers safe, long-term care in the home of an approved MFH Caregiver. It is an affordable comprehensive care housing alternative for Veterans.
The Veteran will receive:
Medical Foster Home Caregivers:
- Caregivers live in home and are experienced with providing daily hands on patient care
- Must be physically able to provide the needed care per physician determination
- Provide a compassionate, friendly, family environment. This is not shift care nursing
- Home must be owned or rented by the caregiver
- Must be 21 years or older and financially stable
- Must have written backup plan if unable to provide care
- Must pass initial and annual inspection by the VA Inspection Team
- Must be flexible and have positive problem solving skills
- Must work with the VA Home Based Primary Care Team and complete annual training
This is a long-term commitment to the Veteran where he/she may live for many years, often for the remainder of their life and the Medical Foster Home Program is seeking dedicated caregivers, who live in ranch homes, with compassion, skills and a heart desire to care for our disabled Veterans with complex medical needs.