Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
About the Program
The Hines VA Pharmacy processes thousands of prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all Hines VA patients. Please call the following number: 1-708-202-2375
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your social security number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- Press 2, then wait for an answer.
- Press 1, then wait for an answer.
- Enter the prescription number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Inpatient Pharmacy (Inpatient Hospitalized Veterans only)
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Home Pharmaceutical Waste Program
Learn more about the medication disposal program.
Pharmacy Administration Office
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.
- Outpatient Pharmacy
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm