Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology - Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital

 

Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology

Hines (Chicago-area) VA Hospital

Neuropsychology (Adult Clinical) Postdoctoral Fellowship

 

Located in the greater Chicago area, HVAH is accepting applications for a 2-year postdoctoral residency for the September 2020-August 2022 training period. This fellowship is best suited for candidates with a primary interest in clinical work, although research opportunities at Hines VA are possible. This program will participate in the National Match that is organized by APPCN for 2020.

The focus will be advanced clinical training in neuropsychology, with fellowship experiences shaped by INS/APA Division 40 and Houston Conference guidelines for postdoctoral training. Fellows will complete several major rotations in an attempt to gain competency in the core domains: 1) Outpatient Neuropsychology, 2) Inpatient Neuropsychology Consultation, and 3) TBI/Polytrauma. Commensurate with our philosophy that all good neuropsychologists have strong training as generalist psychologists, all fellows will devote a portion of their time to the provision of psychological intervention and consultation. Such work has included TBI/Polytrauma group intervention work in recent years. Fellows will participate in our weekly Neuropsychology seminar (which includes formal didactic presentations, clinical case presentations and journal club) and other disciplines’ grand rounds (e.g., Neurology, Psychiatry) as able. In addition, fellows will be involved in a formal neuroanatomy course. About 75% of the fellow’s time will be allocated to clinical activities, while the remaining 25% of time will be dedicated to education, research opportunities, program development, and administrative projects. Four board-certified staff neuropsychologists will be involved in the training of the fellow.

Yearly stipend is $50,937 ($53,690 in second year), plus 13 days of vacation leave and 13 days of available sick leave, in addition to the 10 annual federal holidays. Health and life insurance coverage is available. 

Please complete all application materials per the Applications Instructions pdf to the right. Please contact David Kinsinger, PhD, ABPP-CN with any questions: david.kinsinger@va.gov 

Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, American Psychological Association, 750 First Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20002-4242, Phone: (202) 336-5979 / Email: apaaccred@apa.org / Web: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation

Contact

David Kinsinger, PhD, ABPP-CN
Neuropsychology Fellowship Training Director
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital
708-202-2661 Ext. 22661
david.kinsinger@va.gov

Share