Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
Work Status for Employees
As of Thursday, August 26, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
- Anyone entering the Hines VA Hospital or its six Community Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) will participate in active screening activities (ID badge check, temperature check, etc.) prior to entry. Employees with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees will be sent home. Employees are encouraged to check their temperatures prior to coming to Hines and to stay home if their temperatures exceed 100 degrees.
- Hines VA and the Community Base Outpaitient Clinincs have instituted access limits effective March 11, 2020. This includes limiting access to the facility and screening of all non-employees at designated access points.
- Events, activities, trainings and meetings that bring together large groups of people are postponed.
- Canteen services are take-out only.
- Hines VA and the CBOCs have adopted a “no visitors” policy until further notice. Exceptions will be made for visiting under compassionate care circumstances, such as grave illness or imminent death of a family member under care in the facility.
- Pharmacy Services have moved to 90 day fills to reduce the number of hospital trips for Veterans.
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.