Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
The Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital Chaplain Service’s primary mission is to provide for the religious and spiritual care of patients and their family members. The Chaplains provide individual patient care as well as group leadership in the following areas:
- Educational and therapeutic groups throughout the Hines Campus
- Visitation to most newly-admitted patients within 48 hours of admission
- Follow-up visits as needed
- Pre and post-operation visits
- Seriously ill patient visits
- Spiritual assessments for long term care patients are done within 14 days of admission and Hospice patients within 3 days.
- Special requests of the patient and/or family members
- Referrals from other members of the staff
- Memorial Services for the deceased Veterans are held two times a year (April and May).
- Chaplains are on duty in the medical center seven days a week.
- In addition a Chaplain is on call each night to provide emergency patient care.
- Catholic Sunday Mass, Bldg. 200 (C-101), Main Chapel at 8:30 am and Bldg. 217 ECC/CLC (A 108) at 11:00 am.
- Catholic Mass held Monday thru Friday in Bldg. 200 (C-101), Main Chapel, at noon.
- Protestant Sunday Worship, Bldg. 200 (C-101), Main Chapel at 9:45 am, and Bldg. 217, ECC/CLC (2A-26) at 11:00 am.
- Protestant Wednesday Service held Bldg. 200 (C-101), Main Chapel at 1:00 pm.
Ward Worship Services (on locked wards)
- Protestant Sunday Worship Services Bldg. 228/2 S at 8:00 am (locked ward).
Other: By special arrangement
Bldg 200, C-101
- 708-202-8387 Ext. 22531
Hours of Operation
- See individual worship times