Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
Current Operating Status
As of Friday, January 10, 2020 2:48 PM CSTHines VA is on normal operating status.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 708-202-3800
- Change Your Appointment: 708-202-8387, option 3
- Media Inquiries: 708-202-5627
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: Not Available
- Pharmacy Refill: 708-202-2375
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 708-202-3800
Open Monday-Friday (except holidays)
8:00 am-4:00 pm, Evenings and Weekends
Disaster Preparation Information
The Edward Hines Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital encourages all patients, visitors, and staff to keep current with weather conditions and emergency information issued by local city and county government officials. In the event of an emergency situation when you are in the hospital, you will hear bell signals or voice messages indicating the nature of the emergency.
Seven bells indicate a tornado warning.
If you hear nine bells, hospital staff are being alerted to respond to some type of emergency.
Five bells indicate an all-clear following any situation.
If there is a disaster, information regarding the status of Hines VA Hospital will be available on this web site.
Hines cares about the health and welfare of all our patients, visitors and employees. We encourage everyone to follow emergency preparedness guidelines found at the links below and stay informed in the event of any emergency. If there is a local or medical emergency, remember to dial 911 as soon as possible.