VA » Health Care » Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital » Health Care Services » Research » OEF/OIF Post Deployment Center
Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
OEF/OIF Post Deployment Center
- The program offers a two session Psycho education and orientation course.
- The course consists of a presentation on readjustment to civilian life, posttraumatic reaction and symptoms and a review of veteran resources.
- It also addresses issues as sleep hygiene, medication management, and orientation to group format, other treatment options, trauma services assessment, etc.
- The center assists staff treating OEF/OIF patients and serves as a transition to treatment, particularly time-limited individual and group treatment.
- The veteran receives a comprehensive evaluation by a clinician and psychiatrist.
- Immediate treatment needs are addressed and the veteran will be enrolled in the appropriate treatment programs.
- The Intake Center also functions as an adjunct to the emergency department by providing initial assessment and evaluation of patients with psychiatric and substance abuse issues.
- Immediate patient needs are addressed and patients are referred to the appropriate level of care or to the appropriate service.
Back to Mental Health Home
- 4 South
- 708-202-8387 Ext. 24668
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm